18 September 2012

Stylist Spotlight – Jane Frosh


When we’re browsing home décor on Pinterest or flicking through magazines it’s easy to forget how the photo is actually put together and how much effort is put in to make it look picture perfect. There are millions of interior stylists out there but one that I’ve particularly taken a shine to is Sydney-born designer and stylist, Jane Frosh. Rustic and raw, her look is one that stands out among many and oozes individuality and character....here she gives us an insight into her world and lets us in on some designer secrets!...




1. Firstly, what made want to go into event/interior styling?

I worked as an event producer for over 10 years and have always really loved the decorative side of events so it seemed like a natural progression.





2. What would you say is the interior trend at the moment?

Neon. Neon lighting. Neon leather. Neon soft furnishings. It is all about neon!



3. Where and how do you find inspiration?

Everywhere. From nature to what my kids choose to wear, to fashion magazines, to blogs. I find inspiration everywhere. It is just a matter of recognising, harnessing and storing the information.




4. What makes your styling so individual?

I guess I am a little 'crustier' than most stylists. I don't like things to be perfect. I love a rough edge, a torn surface and texture. It tends to ground a concept.


5. How would you describe your style in three words?

Edgy, rough, un-contrived.


6. Which particular stylists do you love?

Adore Glen Proebstel. ADORE. Megan Morton's assistant Sophie The has an
amazing eye. I love seeing things through her eyes. Claire Larrit-Evans is also very clever.


All images courtesy of Country Style Magazine | Photography Sharyn Cairns


7. Which has been your favourite job so far and why?

The hotel install that I am working on at the moment is amazing. There are no boundaries, which in turn provides many boundaries. It is however, fabulous to work with so many creative folk for a common end result.

8. What do you see yourself doing in 10 years from now?

Hopefully exactly the same thing! Maybe with a stable of other stylists working for me.


QUICKFIRE

Favourite food?

Pho. I love the stuff. I could eat it every single day.

What do you do to unwind?
I have a glass of wine and a burn through Instagram. I love Instagram! 

Name one thing you could not do without.
My car. Can't bear staying in the one spot for too long!




No comments:

Post a Comment